CODE OF ETHICS
- Obey the laws and regulations for recreational
vehicles that apply to public lands.
- Respect the cultural, heritage and environmental
values of public/private land by obeying restrictions that may apply.
- Respect our flora and fauna. Stop and
look, but never disturb.
- Keep to formed vehicle tracks.
- Keep the environment clean. Carry your own and
any other rubbish out.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound and clean to
reduce the environmental impact.
- Adopt minimal impact camping and driving
- Seek permission before driving on private land.
Do not disturb livestock or watering points. Leave gates as found.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel, basic spares and
a first aid kit on trips. In remote areas travel with another vehicle and have
Royal Flying Doctor Service, or equivalent, radio contact.
- Enjoy your recreation and respect the right of
- Plan ahead and lodge trip details with a
- Support four-wheel drive touring as a responsible
and legitimate family recreational activity
THIS CODE SUPPORTS THE NATIONAL RECREATIONAL
VEHICLE POLICY AND IS VALUABLE ONLY IF YOU OBSERVE IT